13.12.14

Dinner Time

I have been doing a lot of projects out of reclaimed wood and this is probably one of my favorites.  As you can imagine, with 3 kids, the kitchen table sees a lot of action and not only from its intended use.  It seems that our kitchen table is a nail salon, an art studio, dance stage and just an overall spot of gathering for activities.  Needless to say it takes a lot of abuse and I thought it needed a little face-lift due to the chips and stains it has acquired over the years.  So I decided to cover the top with reclaimed fence pickets from one of the neighbors old re-do's.  I bought a couple different shades of stain and assembled the boards in a chevron pattern.  After a couple days of drying in between coats of poly her is what the before and after looked like.




No comments:

Post a Comment